This unique long-running competition has provided a pathway to success for ambitious cooks since it was founded in 1991 to promote innovation and quality in ethnic cuisine. Expert cooks prepared to prove the excellence of their ideas and practical skills and compete with half a dozen others by cooking their ideal meal under scrutiny of expert judges can earn a world title.
The International Chef of the Year contest is truly unique:
- It is unique as it is free to enter.
- It is unique in being open equally to professional and amateur cooks
- It is unique in being open equally to men and women.
- It is unique in accepting entries world-wide from anyone over 18, without regard to nationality or ethnicity.
- And, above all, it is unique in that entrants can go from completion of a straightforward form to cooking in the final without the stress of having to undergo intervening heats.
Just fill in our downloadable entry form.
Then e-mail or post it with your ideal menu for a four-dish ethnic meal – two meat, fish or fowl and two vegetarian dishes for four people – to the competition address.